Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Things Your Kids Won't Eat?

Things Your Kids Won't Eat?

Are there any foods that your kids can't or won't eat? My daughter got sick on pureed bananas as an infant soon after starting solid foods. She's never been able to eat a banana since, and it's not just a matter of "I don't want that" either... it's a total gag reflex.

Not counting lactose issues and/or allergies to certain foods, is there anything like that for your kids?

My 1st child eats anything and everything, and it seems my 3rd child is going to be like that. It is the middle one who tends to be picky. In general, she has to be enticed to eat almost any kind of vegetable. If the girl could eat nothing but grits and eggs for life, that's what she'd do.

Now, that said, I've recently purchased a couple of easy thing to pack in lunch boxes and my 1st child brings them home because she doesn't like them, which is totally weird. The first is "Go Go Squeeze" applesauce. I've always given them apple sauce with no added sugar, so I wonder if the Go Go Squeeze tastes funny to her. (Child #2 loves them, go figure.) I also recently got a whole box of dehydrated apples from Costco (from a friend who didn't want them) and neither of my kids will eat them.

My kids love fruit of any kind, except honeydew mellon (the orange one?).

So yeah, I guess there are a few.

My son basically would eat anything we put in front of him until about 3ish. Now he "doesn't like" pretty much everything. Upside is he prefers spaghette over hamburgers. We use green eggs and ham a lot as an example of not liking something until you try it.

Quote Originally Posted by clairebeautiful View Post
    The first is "Go Go Squeeze" applesauce. I've always given them apple sauce with no added sugar, so I wonder if the Go Go Squeeze tastes funny to her.
    Ah, I remember that applesauce! The first time I saw it I thought it was a great idea to be able to squeeze/drink something like applesauce... an extra fruit serving, after all! But after trying just one of them, my daughter totally neglected the rest. They sat in the fridge cooling until they reached that "okay, out they go" stage.

Okay, I looked at them today. No added sugar. Just apples and apple juice. (Though I will say that in that tiny packet, there's 12g of sugar, so you know.) Anyway, I have no idea what is wrong with these things. I'm going to eat one tomorrow to see. My 10 month old loves them, but can't figure out how to suck on them, so they are a far bigger mess than just feeding him regular applesauce with a spoon.

I swear, I should send Go-Go Squeeze a video review~!

My daughter was never picky until she turned six. Now she won't eat anything that has any kind of texture like squishy. Like meat loaf, bread stuffing, etc.

My oldest son is my picky eater. Much like myself, he's not willing to try anything new. He used to have issues with textures up until recently. He wouldn't eat apples, oranges, etc...anything with an "odd" texture. Since then, he got over that. He's not much of a veggie person (though, he will eat peas, green beans, and broccoli!). My middle child loves everything. I'm not sure there's a food he will not eat. He loves seafood, veggies, meat, whatever doesn't bite him first!! Same with my daughter. She loves food of all kinds. As a baby, she had a minor reaction to eating pears though. We haven't tried her on them since.

Luckily everyone in my family enjoys trying new things... so finding new recipes is something I enjoy doing and there are just a few ingredients I need to avoid because someone won't eat them.

We never had an issue with textures, but like you mentioned with the pears, my daughter got really sick on bananas as a baby and she never has been able to eat them since then.

everything healthy ?

We are an vegan family so my girls won't eat met and diary products. But don't worry they are veeeeery healthy! :-)

Eggplant and okra. I've been told that their absolutely disgusting. lol I do manage to hide them though. They have no idea they're consuming it.

I'm glad that both my kids are not picky eaters, my daughter even eats kimchi

Quote Originally Posted by mom27 View Post
    We are an vegan family so my girls won't eat met and diary products. But don't worry they are veeeeery healthy! :-)
    You know, I was going to ask about that. I went vegetarian a few years ago and I've always had conflicted feelings on trying to do the same for my daughter. Granted, she's just as weird about texture as I am so it's going to be an uphill battle one way or another, but I've long considered an 'alternative' diet like mine, I've just heard a ton of mixed things about how good it is for kids.

My son does not like vegetables and cheese.

My daughter doesn't like milk and green vegetables. She use to drink some juices but one of her teachers about 6 years ago tried putting a little apple sauce in the bottom of her apple juice and now she wont touch it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.