Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kids and Technology

I love the thread Kids and Technology of momforum,
    But we are also based in USA. Providing baby products like baby walker as well.
    thanks

For me, I think, when he or she is already mature and responsible enough to balance his/her time. Its not the age actually but as much as possible , you have to limit your child to use a smartphone, tablet or any gadget unless it is indeed important.

Quote Originally Posted by jenna328192 View Post
    Technology have good effect for child^)
    I totally agree though i've heard that kids shouldn't be allowed no more than 2 hours per day of using tablets or ipads i mean let's face it they also learn from these things. I allow my 6yr old son to use his ipad but I installed a parental control app it shuts off when he needs to eat, take a nap, do homework and sleep early.

I think it variesfrom child to child. I also think that your child must has a phone withproper configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephineBoyd View Post
    I totally agree though i've heard that kids shouldn't be allowed no more than 2 hours per day of using tablets or ipads i mean let's face it they also learn from these things. I allow my 6yr old son to use his ipad but I installed a parental control app it shuts off when he needs to eat, take a nap, do homework and sleep early.
    I have been trying to figure this out on a Samsung Galaxy tab to no avail. I think it is time that I renew my efforts. This sounds like a really wonderful idea, though. They should know when you stop. It is also good discipline. I am iffy on this, though, coz my sun likes watching those art tutorials and he would stop every so often to try out the tips or steps in the tutorial. On the other hand, I will still try and figure out that automatic shut off - great idea JosephineBoyd!

Our child is using his phone but I installed an app called SOANJO which allow me to disable my child internet access and set screen time limits. They offer a free trial, you should check it out.

My eldest son is 8 years old and he already has his phone number. When he was 7 we gave him my old phone (I had an old junk iphone and I took it to a service center https://misterfix.us/shop/iphone-repair/iphone-se/ , then gave it to my son). On the last Christmas, the eldest son had a tablet. Sometimes son uses my laptop. Younger son only 5 and he doesn't use anything other than the TV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.