How Often Do You Read With Your Kids?

How Often Do You Read With Your Kids?

One of the most fun things I've always done with my daughter is reading... I think life would be very boring without our books!

I always read a lot of picture books to her... quite a few of them every single day. When she got old enough to read on her own, we read chapter books together, each one of us reading a chapter and then switching. I always enjoyed that so much.

Do you read with your kids? If so, is it every day or just when they request to hear a book?

I love reading with my daughter. She has always loved books, from when she was born. Now at the age of two she still loves to read, well more like look at the book and turn the page as she jabbers. I always read to her but doesnt feel like I read enough to her. How old is your daughter?

We always read before a bedtime. And my boy is so excated every evening.

I try to read them every evening, but, unfortunately, after work I feel so tired that I simply can't read them ((

We also always red with my son when he was younger, now he is 11 and he listen a lot of audiobooks. I suppose our reading made him curious about the world and it's really great habit

I try to read with my kids every night before bed. They love it and I find its a great way to end the day

Everyday. Sometimes several times a day. Bedtime stories are a must.

I read books everyday to my daughter before she goes to sleep.

Every night before he goes to sleep.

At least every night before bed! There are often nights where we'll read for over an hour before it's time to get in bed.

Hi, Katews, I know that motherhood is difficult but I swear it is so enjoyable. Reading is my wonderful time especially when I read to my son. He also likes to listen to my stories every night. Reading books aloud to children stimulates their imagination and expands their understanding of the world. It helps them develop language and listening skills and prepares them to understand the written word. Kids who are read to during their early years are more likely to learn to read at the right time. Spending time reading to your baby shows that reading is a skill worth learning. Teaching young children to read helps them develop their minds, listening and language skills.

When my daughter was younger we used to read every night before bed! Now she likes reading at her own pace/time and looking back I'm glad to have invested that time before.

I read to my daughter every evening, too! It's something that stayed with me from my childhood, when my Mom used to read to me. That's how I got addicted to books in the first place.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.