Breastfeeding + drinking alcohol

Breastfeeding + drinking alcohol

I am a new mom and new to breastfeeding. I've read that drinking alcohol and breastfeeding can be harmful to your baby. Is this true? How many drinks are "ok" to have? Are certain drinks worse than others? Is there any way to measure how much alcohol is in your system before breastfeeding? Help!

Definitely. As long as you're feeding your baby, do not take any alcohol even if it is a small amount.

DO NOT!!!

~Hope this helps!!

Not recommended at all especially if you are breastfeeding. Though 1-2 small drinks per week are okay as per research but then once a person starts drinking they know no limit. So it is better not to indulge in boozing while you are at breastfeeding. Even in conditions when you might have to drink alcohol, only feed the baby once you are sober again. Even children can feel the alcohol in the mother’s milk if she drinks alcohol. And I am sure that you know it is highly unsafe for your baby.

Hello my dear friend, Congratulations on your baby and I know that it is a really beautiful time of your life. It is a good thing that you are sharing your confusion with us and I hope you will find good advice on this forum regarding your confusion. When it comes to breastfeeding your new baby, it is very important that you can avoid the alcohol completely. You should not take alcohol or any other kind of drink in this condition. It can really affect your baby’s health and you have to control this bad habit in time of breastfeeding. They are not any certain alcohol drink that will be better than others in this condition. So you should avoid all drinks that contain alcohol in this condition. It is very important to give importance to your health in this condition. I will recommend you to switch to the Healthy lifestyle when you are a new mum and you are breastfeeding your baby. Instead of taking any alcohol, you should take some good nutrition so that you can give good nutrition and health to your baby. You should add some essential nutrients like protein, vitamins, iron and Minerals in your regular diet to ensure your good health and your baby’s health. If you want to switch to Healthy lifestyle, it is also important to add regular exercise and yoga in your routine. When you are a new mum and you faced the time of pregnancy recently, it is very important to give your body some time to recover. Regular exercise and good nutrition will be really helpful for your body to recover in a good condition after pregnancy. I hope you will get rid of alcohol and will become a great mother.

Hello mommee, drinking alcohol is already harmful to your health especially during breastfeeding. Your baby is tiny and has an immature liver. That means she can't process the alcohol as well as you can. Infants younger than 3 months process alcohol at about half the rate of adults. Alcohol can affect babies' eating and sleeping. While breastfed babies may become drowsy and fall asleep more quickly after their mother drinks alcohol, they also sleep for a shorter amount of time. If you're a breastfeeding mom limit yourself to an occasional alcoholic drink, and no more than one a day. It’s better to avoid drinking alcohol until their baby is 3 months old. It’s probably wise to abstain – at least in the very beginning.

Hello, mommee. While I was breastfeeding, I stopped drinking alcohol as it is already harmful to my health, especially during this time. my baby was tiny and he had an immature liver. That meant my baby can't process the alcohol as well as I could. During my research, I found that Infants younger than 3 months process alcohol at about half the rate of adults. Alcohol can affect babies' eating and sleep. While I breastfed, my baby might become drowsy and fell asleep more quickly after I drank alcohol, but she slept shorter time. If you're a breastfeeding mom limit yourself to an occasional alcoholic drink, and no more than one a day. It’s better to avoid drinking alcohol until their baby is 3 months old. It’s probably wise to abstain – at least in the very beginning.

Dear Mommee, please do not poison your baby with alcohol, as it influences directly on his/her future. Children that received alcohol, drugs, nicotine or even wrong food (that cannot be given to a child on a certain moment of life) can make him stupid and weak. He can even die if you are asking such questions on the first month of his life. Please adore him/her and make everything so your family would be the happiest in the world.

I totally agree with you. Thank you very much for such a good explanation
    No alcohol is allowed when you are pregnant or breastfeeding

No alcohol while breast feeding!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.