Hello everyone!

My DD is 6.5 months old. Ever since she was about 3 months old we've been in a strange cycle with her sleep. She'll sleep through the night for a week or so and then for seemingly no reason she will go back to waking multiple times per night and waking early. This is true for naps as well. When she's napping well, she'll sleep for around an hour. During the bad times, I'm lucky to get 30 minutes and she usually wakes up screaming. I've tried everything that I can think of to help. At the advice of her pediatrician I no longer offer night feedings, and she does fine with that. During night wakings I wait a couple minutes before going in, and I'm usually able to give her a pacifier and pat her a few times and she'll go back to sleep. When she's sleeping well she is capable of putting herself back to sleep when she wakes up, but she seems to lose this ability during the bad times. We follow a good routine for naps and at night. Her bed time is at 6:30. When she's sleeping well she gets up at 6am, but during the rough periods she'll get up as early as 4:30. I treat all waking before 6am as night waking, and try to get her back to sleep, with varying degrees of success. Her room is dark, and she has a white noise machine. She has no trouble falling asleep on her own and now she's capable of putting her pacifier back in her mouth. Currently her wake time is at 2.5 hours. By the end of this time she is obviously tired and goes straight to sleep. She did well on this routine for about 10 days and now she's back to waking after 30 minutes. She consistently naps better in the car, but I don't really want to encourage that.

I'm at a loss. I'm not sure what I should do to help her. It's frustrating to feel like we've made progress for a couple days, only then to revert back. When she's sleeping badly she's also grumpy all the time, which is frustrating, especially because I'm also sleep deprived. Has anyone else experienced something similar? Will she grow out of it? Is it just how she is? I'm a ftm, so I don't have any other experience to compare to

Thanks!