mom stumped by daughter

mom stumped by daughter

hi all my name is Jennifer I'm a 41 yr old single mom of 2 daughters , I know teens like to test their parents from time to time but I never once thought of something like this . Last night I got home from work and my 15 yr old daughter Melissa asked if we could talk about something important , getting worried I asked if everything was ok she said yeah mom I just want to talk to you about something . Melissa then proceeded to tell me she has been wearing diapers and wants to be treated like a baby again . I asked her what was going on and she said it started a few months ago while she was babysitting my neice , she started wondering what it would be like to be a baby again and started trying out different things that belonged to my neice while babysitting and liked it . She says she doesn't want to hide it anymore and wants to be able to be a baby around the house when ever she wants . As I said I never thought of anything like this at her age , I told her to go to bed I needed some time to process all she told me . Any moms have any advice on what I should do or how I should handle this .

I think a counselor might be in order. Is she trying to get attention? Teens are difficult. I'm sorry you're going through this.

I have a appointment set up for the beginning of next month with a therapist it was the earliest i could get an appointment things have just gotton worse since she told me though.last Friday she came home from the store sucking on a pacifer with 2 packs of diapers and carried them in the house like it was no big deal i asked her again why and she said mom i told you there was no reason for me to have to hide it now that you know so im not. I hope the therapist can help in any way

nice articles

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.