Bringing my parents to meet my girlfriend in the Philippines.

Bringing my parents to meet my girlfriend in the Philippines.

Iíve decided to bring my parents with me when I visit my girlfriend in the Philippines. Itíll be the first time theyíll be meeting her. I told my parents that I met my now girlfriend through a singles tour that I attended a year ago in Davao, Philippines held by A Foreign Affair. They never knew about this and just thought that I have only been going to the Philippines due to business related travels.

When I told them about Janessa, they were questioning our relationship and the genuinity of itÖ so Iíve decided, itíll be better for them to meet her and her family to make them feel at ease. Itís really not a pleasant feeling when your parents are questioning your relationship and of course, my girlfriend is feeling some pressure to an extent. I hope I wonít make her family feel offended for the reason of this meet-up. But at some point, they will end up a meeting, since I am dating her with intentions to marry.

I just want to ask for adviceÖ What should I do when they meet? I donít want things to become awkward and I want both parties to feel that itís a good thing to meet. Is there anything I should prepare for her family and should I talk to my parents how they should act around my girlfriendís family? Help, please!!!

If you are so stressed I would definitely talk to them about it. Explain to them your expectations regarding their behavior and express any worries you may have....if they are loving parents they should do their best to reassure you and make you feel at ease!

Good luck!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.